October 17th, a Memorandum of Understandig (MoU) was signed between the Ministry of Women and Social Affairs, the Addis Ababa City Women and Social Affairs Bureau and Partnership for Change regarding establishment of day cares for toddlers in Ethiopia.
Through our work with competence building and job creation, we have experienced that the lack of day care facilities is a major challenge. As a result of this, many women have to say no to both education and work.
An expansion of the Ethiopian day care sector will have a broad and positive social effect. It will contribute to increased employment of women, and the children will receive adapted educational programs from an early age, which will have a major positive effect later in their education and career. In addition, the expansion of quality day cares will create thousands of jobs in the formal sector.
Partnership for Change are proud of the work initiated. We hope this will lead to an agreement that will ensure children aged 0-4 to a good day care service, and by that allowing both parents to participate in the formal working life.
PfC will support the project with regards to:
- Provide financial & technical assistance in the creation and strengthening of Early Child Development Educational & Training and Daycare Centers.
- Provide training for Daycare assistants and Supervisors.
- Participate in the development of essential documents for the expansion & strengthening of Daycare Centers. Especially, take part in the preparation of standards and training manuals and provide financial assistance as well.
- Consult on the design of Day Care Centers, materials used and provide expert guidance
- Provide technical assistance and trainings on Child Upbringing to families and professionals in the field.
- Liaise with international institutions to facilitate better experience sharing and technically support the establishment of center of excellence.
- Liaise with associate entities to conduct consecutive workshops at Day Care Centers on Child Upbringing, Nutrition and Health as well as Pregnancy.
Read more about the day care project and the work initiated in 2017 here.